[Families] Sunday is Fastelavn with lots of fun for young and old

Birgitte Saltorp birgitte at danishchurch.vancouver.bc.ca
Tue Feb 25 10:53:09 PST 2014

Sunday is the day to get dressed up as angels and super-heroes, clowns
and wise men or whatever else you can think of (I was a phone-booth
once).
The service begins at 11:00 AM and the sermon is written for the
children (adults usually understand anyway). Afterwards we go to the
hall where there is Fastelavns-boller (pastry), and we "beat the cat off
the barrel" - in the old tradition this was a way of getting rid of
Satan, now it is just for the fun of it.

See you Sunday!
Pastor Birgitte

--
Birgitte Saltorp