[Families] The Pearls of life - Christian meditation at the church

Birgitte Saltorp birgitte at danishchurch.vancouver.bc.ca
Thu Sep 25 17:56:11 PDT 2014

As we seek the Mystery that connects us to the Force behind our being
there are many ways of listening. When we long for God to meet us we may
need new tools to open our senses.

One such tool are the Pearls of Life. First thought up by a humble
Swedish bishop who needed a tool of faith for his handicapped son, the
Pearls of Life are now widely used in the Scandinavian countries (an
Finland) where they are known as Frälsarkransen, Jesuskransen or
Kristuskransen.

Having something tangible to meditate with can help us keep focus when
the worries, great and small, of everyday life seem to keep us from
connecting with the Mystery. Whether we are comfortable with church and
Sunday service, are seekers of many years or are taking our first few
steps to align our lives with that which is greater than ourselves,
these evenings with the Pearls of Life are for us all. You may come for
one or two evenings, or for all – this is an open community.

On the first evening, Pastor Birgitte will give an introduction to the
Pearls of Life, and we will make our individual Pearls of Life wreaths –
they can fit in your pocket or be a bracelet to carry with you whenever
you need it. If you would like to take your Pearls with you (to have and
to hold!) they will cost $ 25.

While we listen to soothing music we will do a meditation. If you are
used to med
itating it may seem short, but if you have never tried it before you may
get as many new impressions as if it had taken all night.
After a short break, to let those who want to stay in the meditative
mood go their own ways, we will talk about the experiences we may have
had (you only share if you want to). There will be time for questions
and comments and anything else that may surface.

Dates
You are welcome on any and all of the following dates – we only ask that
you do not disturb the meditation:
2014:
Wednesday October 1st at 7:30 pm
Wednesday November 5th at 7:30 pm
Wednesday December 3rd at 7:30 pm
2015 (so far):
Wednesday January 7th at 7:30 pm
Wednesday February 4th at 7:30 pm
Wednesday March 4th at 7:30 pm
Wednesday April 1st at 7:30 pm
Wednesday May 6th at 7:30 pm

Also a brief reminder, if you have not yet registered for Kro-platter
for our celebration of the 30 years in the Burnaby church on
Thanksgiving Sunday, October 12th please contact the office on either
office at danishchurch.vancouver.bc.ca or Tuesdays, Wednesdays and
Thursdays from 9 am to noon on 604-298-6112.

Blessings,

--
Birgitte Saltorp

Pastor