[Families] A historical sing-along

Birgitte Saltorp birgitte at danishchurch.vancouver.bc.ca
Sat Oct 1 07:19:59 PDT 2016

Who are we as Lutherans? One of the things that set us apart are the
hymns and the one who began the 'modern' hymn tradition was Martin
Luther.

On Wednesday, October 5th at 7:30 pm we meet in the church (upstairs) to
hear why Luther all of a sudden began writing hymns like crazy, and we
will sing some of the hymns in the English.

We are beginning to celebrate the quincentennial (that's 500 years!) of
the Reformation, and we of course need to understand what we are
celebrating before the big celebration next year, so come and join in!

Janet Mowatt will be at the piano and I will be telling the story of
Luther's busy year.

Blessings,
Birgitte Saltorp

Pastor